Doctoral Program (Psy.D. and Ph.D.)
Application and all supporting documentation must be received by January 8 for Fall start in August. The Ph.D. and Psy.D. program only enrolls once a year in August.
Please use the check list below in order to ensure that you have sent in all documents to complete your admissions file.
Applicants may select the option to apply for both the Psy.D. and Ph.D. programs.
- Complete online application form.
- Application processing fee of $50 (in U.S. dollars) made payable to Nova Southeastern University. Once the application is completed and the application processing fee has been received by NSU, students will be able to upload supplemental documents to Supplemental Documents on their user profile.
- Statement of Professional Goals: Describe how your professional, academic, and personal experiences led you to apply to this program. Include your full name on the essay. The personal statement helps us get to know you beyond the objective data provided in review of your courses, grades and other objective information. It also demonstrates your ability to communicate your thoughts in a professional, organized and succinct manner.
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume
- Three academic or professional recommendations. Once the application processing fee has been received, students will be able to put in Recommender's Email Addresses. They will receive an email with a link to the student's application, where the recommender will fill out the form electronically and upload the recommendation letter.
- Official transcripts from all colleges or universities you attended need to be mailed directly to Enrollment Processing Services (EPS), including agency evaluation of foreign degrees for determination of U.S. equivalence (including Canadian transcripts). International Students should visit http://www.nova.edu/internationalstudents/ for further information.*
- GRE scores (GRE Code: 5516)
- International Student applicants should submit English proficiency scores, if applicable. International Students should visit http://www.nova.edu/internationalstudents/prospective/i20.html for further information.*
|Please mail transcripts to:
|Nova Southeastern University
Enrollment Processing Services
Attn: College of Psychology
3301 College Avenue P.O. Box 299000
Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33329-9905
|For International Students:
Nova Southeastern University
Attn: Enrollment Processing Services
3301 College Avenue
Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33329-9905
Official electronic transcripts must be sent to email@example.com.
NOTE: EXTERNAL INSTITUTIONS ONLY.
If you have any questions about the admissions process, call (954) 262-7563 / (800) 541-6682, 27563 (a-s-k-m-e), or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
International Students are encouraged to contact the Office of International Students Services at (954) 262-7240 or (800) 541-6682, ext. 27240 or by email at email@example.com.
How to Apply
To access a step-by-step guide on the application process, click here.
Applicants whose native language is not English are required to demonstrate English proficiency. Please visit the International Students Office website for a list of English proficiency test that satisfies the Universities requirements.
Students who have obtained a degree from a foreign country should view the list of approved agencies to have their official transcripts reviewed for university credit. Please visit the International Students Office website for a list of National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). International Students are encouraged to contact the Office of International Student Services at (954) 262-7240 or 1800-541-6682, ext. 27240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.