Been Gone For A While?
Are you are a former MS Counseling graduate student who:
- has not been enrolled in classes for two consecutive semesters or
- failed to maintain a GPA of 3.0 or
- had a non-approved Leave of Absence or
- withdrew from the program or
- was previously dismissed from the program
If so, you must reapply to the MS Counseling program.
To be considered for re-admission:
- The applicant should be in good standing (eligible to return) at Nova Southeastern University.
- If the applicant was academically dismissed from the MS Counseling program, the applicant must contact (Brenda Levine or Natasha Stubbs) for advice on past coursework and program. The advisor will explain the next steps.
- Reapply online by submitting a new admissions application and paying the application fee of $50. Click HERE for the graduate application.
- Submit the following:
Re-admission essay. Please explain (800-word maximum) your interest in returning to graduate school at Nova Southeastern University’s Department of Counseling. In your essay, please explain the following:
(1) your initial interest in pursuing one of the five specializations offered in the Master’s in Counseling (clinical mental health counseling, school counseling, applied behavior analysis, substance abuse counseling or substance abuse counseling and education) and any changes to your interest
(2) the challenges you encountered that resulted in time away from the program and the insight you gleaned from that experience
(3) specific efforts you made towards personal and professional growth that assisted you in overcoming those challenges
(4) how the stated efforts will directly aid you in your successful completion of your graduate program
(5) potential barriers you may face as you return to graduate school and your plan to surmount such barriers.
The letters/documents must be sent to:
Office of Admissions
College of Psychology
3301 College Avenue
Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33314
If the applicant has attended another institution since the last period of enrollment at Nova Southeastern University, official transcripts must be submitted directly to:
Nova Southeastern University
Enrollment Processing Services
Attn: College of Psychology
3301 College Avenue P.O. Box 299000
Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33329-9905
Re-Application Deadline Dates(All applications/documents must be submitted on or before the deadline dates below. Applications /Documents received after the deadline date, will be reviewed for the next term)
- Generally, the review process takes four weeks after all documents have been submitted.
- Dismissed students are ineligible to return until a minimum one-year separation from the program has occurred. Applicants seeking to re-apply should complete the reapplication process during the term immediately preceding the eligible return date and before the deadline.
- In order to graduate from the MS Counseling program, both your program and cumulative GPA must be a 3.0 or better.
- Please include your NSU number in all correspondence.
For more information and/or assistance, please contact the MS Counseling program office at 954-262-5740 during normal business hours.