To ensure that your application is complete, please use the checklist below and follow the detailed instructions provided for each item. All documents that are submitted to the University will need to include your name on each page. NSU recommends that you start the application process at least 1-2 months prior to the deadline date. Note: Documents should be submitted in Word (.docx, .doc) or Acrobat (.pdf) formats only.
International students are encouraged to contact the Office of International Students and Scholars at (954) 262-7240 or 800-541-6682, ext. 27240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete online application form.
- Application processing fee of $50 (in U.S. dollars) made payable to Nova Southeastern University. Once the application is completed and the processing fee has been received by NSU, students will be able to upload supplemental documents to Supplemental Documents on their user profile.
- Statement of Professional Goals: Describe how your professional, academic, and personal experiences led you to apply to this program. Include your full name on the essay. The personal statement helps us get to know you beyond the objective data provided in review of your courses, grades and other objective information. It also demonstrates your ability to communicate your thoughts in a professional, organized and succinct manner.
- Three academic or professional letters of recommendation. Once the application processing fee has been received, students will be able to put in Recommender's Email Addresses. They will receive an email with a link to the student's application, where the recommender will fill out the form electronically and upload the recommendation letter.
- Official transcripts from all colleges or universities you attended need to be mailed directly to Enrollment Processing Services (EPS), including agency evaluation of foreign degrees for determination of U.S. equivalence (including Canadian transcripts). Visit International Students should for further information.
- GRE score (Code: 5516)
- International Student applicants should submit English proficiency scores, if applicable. International Students should visit Requirements for Obtaining an I-20 for further information.
- Students are admitted into the M.S. in Experimental program and not into a specific faculty member’s lab. However, given the research focus of the program and the importance of the fit between the student and the faculty member’s research interest, a good match between the student and one or more faculty members may be helpful for admissions decisions. We suggest that applicants identify two or three faculty members they believe may be a good match to their research interests. If your research interests are not clearly defined, that is fine, but please attempt to indicate which areas you may be interested in pursuing.
|Please mail transcripts to:
|Nova Southeastern University
Enrollment Processing Services
Attn: College of Psychology
3301 College Avenue P.O. Box 299000
Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33329-9905
|For International Students:
Nova Southeastern University
Attn: Enrollment Processing Services
3301 College Avenue
Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33329-9905
Official electronic transcripts must be sent to email@example.com
NOTE: EXTERNAL INSTITUTIONS ONLY.
If you have any questions about the admissions process, call (954) 262-7563 / 800-541-6682, 27563 (a-s-k-m-e), or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ALL application materials must be received by the date below.
June 1 (Fall semester begins in August.)
How to Apply
To access a step-by-step guide on the application process, click here.
After applying, what happens next?
After the Department of Recruitment and Admissions has received the completed application for admission (with supplemental documents), the admissions file is submitted to a faculty committee for review. Depending on the time of year and intended semester, the faculty review process may take five to ten business days. However, the process will be longer if the faculty committee requires additional information for review and/or an admissions interview.1
At any time during the review process, applicants may check their status online via the application portal. Once a decision has been made, notification is sent via email to the address on file.
1All newly submitted admission documents are sent to a centralized university processing center. Depending on the time of year, additional days may be added to the overall processing time.